Monday, October 16, 2006

Don't hold your breath (I know you're not)

I hope no one is holding their breath for the shoe pattern/tutorial. I'm gonna get it up there, I promise. It's just that I've been a little preoccupied making shoes, heh heh. I'm also a little nervous about posting a pattern that has so many possibilities. I've tried it out in many different fabrics, and the shoe's fit/stability/whatever is affected by the different fabric weights. So yeah, I claimed that the shoe really stays on, and some of them really, really do. But then I'll use a different fabric, and make a real cute shoe that is floppy and gets flipped off in two seconds. Before I give you any instructions, I want to make sure I get everything just right. I would hate for you to try it and then be all mad at me for wasting your time on a bad shoe.

Okie dokes....that's enough shoe talk for now. I have some that I want to show you but need to wait until the morning when there's enough sunlight to take good pictures.



In the meantime feast your eyes on this lovely pouch made for me by my bloggy friend Joyce. As if the Amy Butler book she sent me wasn't enough, she gifted me with this, too. And it even has a zipper (I'm in awe!). Thank you Joyce!



And thanks for the fun gift tags Kirsten!!!


12 comments:

Ali said...

Wonderful pouch - lucky you!

kirsten said...

that is a seriously cool pouch.

glad the tags made it okay.

Cathy said...

That's a great pouch. As for the shoes, maybe you could simplify your tutorial by calling for a certain type of fabric? That way you don't have to make all sorts of qualifications for all the fabric possibilities. Either way, I'm sure everyone will be very happy with whatever you do!

Alicia A. said...

Turning blue... feeling faint...



Just kidding! I'm excited, but I can wait! :)

Melissa said...

Love all the goodies and I was turning blue there for awhile waiting.

beki said...

What a cute pouch you got! Seeing that really makes me want to improve my zipper skills. And those gift tags are darling. I was tempted to pick up some blank ones at Office Depot the other night, but the decided against it because I didn't know what I'd do with them. You got some great stuff, for sure!

keri said...

What cute stuff!

capello said...

what? no conversation about the chocolate liquors holding up the beautiful pouch?

oh, man.

joyce said...

glad you like it joanna =)

Heather said...

I love the pouch, I've been wanting to make something like that for myself for, er, feminine products for my purse! I have no idea how to put in a zipper though.

Mijk said...

I will start breating again. I however have a need for babygifts! And would love to make these booties.! (no pressure ;-)

katie said...

those shoes are just amazing - I have a pregnant friend - due January - I'd love to read your tutorial in time!!