Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Corners of My Home

This is where I sit, read, knit, enjoy the sunshine and nap. And when I look up, this is what I see:


Isn't that a pretty light? Handmade by a local artisan.

Oh, did I say this is MY home? I lied. It's a model home we toured last weekend. A cottage-y subdivision. Their attention to detail was so yummy and so inspiring that I want to move there, even though they have no backyards and shared front yards and detached garages, and are a much longer commute than we want to deal with. Oh yeah, and they cost money. Lots of money.

I felt kind of bad taking pictures. But oh well--how else am I going to recreate this house when I win the lottery?

Wouldn't you love a landing like this? If you have one already don't tell me about it.


Check out the Denyse Schmidt Quilt on the bed. All the furnishings in this place are from Maine Cottage. Don't click on the link, because if you're like me you'll be drooling all over your keyboard.

Thanks for coming. Let me show you to the door.

How pathetic am I, blogging about a model home.

19 comments:

Ali said...

I want that landing. Never mind tat mine is postage stamp sized.

Megan said...

Isn't it gorgeous! Maybe you could hide everyone in a closet until they lock the house for the day and then claim ownership?!

keri said...

I love the cozy little landing, how pretty!

Angelika said...

Too bad all the stuff in a model home doesn't come with it when you buy it. My neighbor has the same place I do and hers looks like a model home, while mine seem so bare. Some people just have the talent (and the budget). The door was funny. You are crazy;)

Angela said...

Not pathetic at all,just funny. It is a lovely home...that landing is awesome! It is good to dream. ;-)

kirsten said...

I love the first photo of a reading corner. How nice would that be? Dream on, nothing wrong with that!

beki said...

Oh my gosh. I love it! Good thing they don't have houses like that around here. I do love the landing. It reminds me of the old antebellum house I used to be a tour guide at. That house, which was actually two houses put together, had a landing like that in the old back part. We used to sit there when we weren't touring to read because the light was better there than anywhere else.

rebecca said...

That was a riot! Loved that post! and the house of course.

Alicia A. said...

You're funny! That is a nice landing area.

I have a "thing" for houses, so to me this isn't weird, it's fun!

Melissa said...

WOW, thanks for the looksy into "your" home! LOVE IT!

capello said...

That's it.

I just need to move into a model home.

(and I won't click the link... I won't click the link... I won't click the OH DAMN!)

Ruth said...

I love that reading corner! I love looking through model homes and this was a great chance to look at one in a different country - thanks, btw I don't think you're crazy, a little off-beat maybe, but not crazy :)

Cathy said...

That's MY house!!! I love it.

joyce said...

such great lighting-- model homes always make you fall in love w/ them.

weirdbunny said...

I was so excited when I thought it was your home !!!! It's so light and airy, and of course tidy, unlike mine - dark, cluttered and messy ...

Eren said...

Pathetic...no, but funny yes!!! This sounds like something I would totally do.

Dana said...

The only thing remotely like mine is that lovely, sunny room. I have one of those! It isn't very tidy though. I have snippets of yarn and thread all over the place, a game of scrabble in the middle of the floor, and drywall against the wall. Did I mention that I moved in before it was finished? We used to tour all the new homes in developements near my Aunt's house. It was a favorite thing to do, even my children enjoyed it. We all like to dream, don't we?

iHanna said...

wonderful picture and home, but it's not for real right? it just can't be!

kimberly said...

I love you, you are soo funny. That is a gorgeous home. I believe you that you live there. I live next door. Can't you see me waving? My sister-in-law has beds for her boys from Maine Cottage-isn't she a brat? I'm sure she has more, but I don't want to know about it either. What a fun post that was!! Have I told you how much I missed you??
Have you forgiven me yet?