I did post pictures of the two of us when we got married. But I figured no one on the street would be able to recognize me because, well, my head is small in the pictures, and that was when my brows were fashioned after Brezhnev's, and for goodness sakes--that was 13 years ago. I don't really look like that anymore.
Then, a couple of weeks ago, out of the blue, I got a comment on my blog from a new commenter, Susan, saying she was tagging me with a meme, and by the way, she went to college with me and my hubby and lived in the apartment downstairs from him and was suprised to find my blog and has been lurking ever since she followed a link from Mijk Improves. Hello? *And* she lives in the Netherlands. Small world. But it made me feel so great. Sort of how I felt when I ran into a high school friend at the Seattle IKEA. (I went to high school in Taiwan.) It had been years and years since I'd seen her and yet we recognized each other immediately. So bizarre and so wonderful.
Anyway, I'm posting a picture here of myself. I want you to know what I look like just in case we should pass on the street. Please come up and say hello...although you might not want to after you read this meme. In it I will be posting 5 weird things about myself. I had a hard time thinking these up, but Dave had no problem helping me. He could have easily come up with more.
1. I wash my feet before I go to bed at night. I wear flip-flops during the day and don't like the thought of getting my sheets all dirty. Here's the weird part--I wash my feet in the sink!
2. I often get angry when cleaning the house. I mutter under my breath. I get mad at the stains, mad at the raisins all smeared into the wood floor, mad that I have to be down on my hands and knees cleaning the floor, mad that no one is helping me. And then when someone is helping me, mad that they're not doing it right. Probably best to just stay out of my way when I'm cleaning. Yeah.
3. I can't drink alcohol. If I have more than one little sip my face will turn all hot and red. Then I'll get a throbbing headache, start crying uncontrollably and have to go to bed. I've been told it's an Asian-thing and that I'm lacking an enzyme. Some people think I'm just a teetotaller, but really, I'm ALLERGIC!
4. I love www.zillow.com --the home value website where you can type in an address and it will show you an area map and tell you what a house is worth. You can also find out how much the house sold for last, etc. An old high school friend wrote me a letter, and I looked up her house on zillow, and guess what? She lives on oceanfront property and her house is valued at 1.8 million dollars. OY!!! I tell myself that I like zillow because maybe someday I'd like to become a realtor and need to know different areas of the city and what homes are going for. But deep down, I know that I'm really just nosey.
5. I'm borderline OCD when it comes to checking on my garage door to make sure it's closed. We live on top of a hill, and maybe once a week or so I'll be halfway down the hill when I have to stop, turn around and check to make sure I've closed it. My boys are pretty good about putting up with this. "Oh mommy, you forgot to remember AGAIN!"