Thursday, August 31, 2006

More than a Tiny bit Happy



I made the wedgie bag a few weeks ago and have used it once. I should never have made it using the wooden handles, because even though I like the look, that bag is utterly impractical. Between holding a baby, holding hands across the parking lot, pushing a shopping cart, etc. when do I ever have a free hand to hold a cute little purse?

I've wanted to make the shoulder bag at Tiny Happy for a while now, and I wanted it to have that scrappy/linen/patchwork look to it. Same feel as my wedgie bag, but a bit more practical. So here it is--front and back are quite different. I highly recommend her pattern. It was very easy to follow and I've been using my new bag quite steadily for the past few days. I LOVE IT!!!!




Oh, and I got a comment on the above picture asking if I've lost my baby weight. Um. NOOOO! I still have a bit more to lose. Need to do some sit ups, if you know what I mean. Here's the sad part--I went to the gym yesterday and there was a sign on the door saying they've gone bankrupt. BANKRUPT!!! No gym for me anymore! Boo hoo.

23 comments:

Megan said...

Looks amazing JoJo! Love the patchwork look you have going on there.

June said...

What a great shoulder bag. I like the fabrics and colors. Just wonderful!

Ali said...

You're bag is really lovely - I want to have a go at one of these, it's a great shape. Oh, and if my husband is to be believed, just thinking about going to the gym really helps in any fitness program

Ruth said...

The bag is completely gorgeous. I've been meaning to make that bag too. Now I'm going to have to get off my butt and do it. :)

Wendy said...

That is such a lovely bag how on earth did you find time to make it. You look very trim in the photo and don't look like you need to go to the gym anyway.

Angela said...

That is a beautiful bag and you look beautiful too!

Cathy said...

I love your fabric choices. The bag is so pretty. I agree that when you have a babe in arms, you can't be trying to keep up with a wee bag.

It sucks that your gym is closed. And you look terrific, especially considering you had a baby fairly recently!

beki said...

You and the bag look fantastic!

How weird about your gym! They could have at least sent you a letter or something.

capello said...

Loving your bag. Totally jealous.

joyce said...

i like that bag! i must try when i have time. i have a few bags i want to make but i just have to find time to sneak it in...

kathy said...

Cute, cute, cute. I'm with you on the bamboo handles, even when you can get them on your shoulder they hurt! Give me a big long strap I can wrap around my body any day.

keri said...

The bag is super cute, I love the color and the design!

Karyn said...

I love that bag! The patchwork makes it totally awesome.

monica said...

fantastic bag and fabrics! where did you say you found the fabric?

and let's not talk about baby fat, please.

Mirre said...

What a lovely lovely bag!!

lindiepindie said...

They don't get much cuter than that! Very nice bag. I'll take one, please.

Kuky said...

What a nice bag!

LoriLaurieLauri said...

Gorgeous bag! And I have some of that Tracy Porter floral fabric also...it's one of those that I'm afraid to cut because I love it so much! lol!

Carol said...

cute bag!

kitkatknit said...

Love Love Love the new bag!

megs said...

I love this bag!! The material you used is just gorgeous. I was wanting to make my very first bag (teehee) using the tiny happy tute, and so checked out all the links people left at the bottom.

Yours is just so great!

(and ps... baby fat puhlease... pssshhtt.)

Melissa said...

hi again! I love this bag and followed your link to the tutorial, and would like to try a more "wintery" version.. But I love your patchwork take on it. Any advice as to how to do that?? I guess you just took the basic pattern and pieced it together?

Prisca said...

LOVE the patchwork idea...