Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Catch-up Post

For some reason I thought having my hubby home for a month would give me more time to be crafty and to blog more. I was wrong. Every day's been action packed with family time. We just got back from an overnight trip to the yurt--totally blogworthy, and here I haven't even blogged pictures of our trip to PA yet. Argh! I'm also way behind on catching up and commenting on other blogs too.

Anyway, here are a few of my fave pics from our trip last week to Oma and Opa's.


Keith spent most of his time in the basement playing ping-pong and this Dutch shuffleboard game--Sjoelbak. Only he called it shoo-la-bonk.

Mikey and Daddy got lots of bonding time on the hammock.


Davey and Keith stopped to pose on the porch swing for a picture. Mostly they liked to scare me by swinging way too fast on this. Keith almost got shoo-la-bonked in the head with it a couple of times.

The boys love their Opa. Here they are on a walking tour of beautiful Grove City College.


Can you feel the love between these two?

I have managed to get a little crafting done this week. Hopefully I can get a decent picture of it tomorrow.

12 comments:

Ali said...

That picture of Mikey and his Grandad makes me want to cry. Ehat a beautiful moment to have captured.

Wendy said...

Beautiful photos time for children with their grandparents is so precious. (Thanks so much for the button link.)

Ruth said...

Beautiful photos of the kids with their oma and opa. That last photo is precious.

autum said...

That last photo brought tears to my eyes. YES you can feel the love! So sweet...

Cathy said...

Awww... you really captured some sweet, loving moments!

beki said...

Aww, what precious pictures! You have a beautiful family.

keri said...

What cute little pictures...and what a nice trip, it looks like so much fun!

monica said...

I love your last photo! Yes you can see the love flowing in between...

Cindi said...

Beautiful pictures. You have a great family and it shows in their smiles!

Mijk said...

I used to sjoel all the time with my grandma ;-) and my kids do it with their grandparents.. I should've known I would've given mikeysa shirt a dutch flag too..

Mirre said...

Ah, the sjoelbak :)
We always used to sjoel at newyear's- eve!
Is your family from Holland (or have I asked you that before)?

Stasi said...

Oh i'm such a nerd. instead of working i just read the past 3 years! of your archives till this post where i feel compelled to comment and say that I used to live in Grove city!