Saturday, August 12, 2006

Burp cloths

Rebecca at the blog formerly known as 3peas (miss you Rebecca!) made Mikey the sweetest little burp cloths--terry cloth on one side and fabric on the other. They're made like the lined blankets that Linda makes, only on a much smaller scale (of course). A few friends of mine are having babies and I thought these would be the perfect little gift to accompany a homemade meal.

Neither Davey nor Keith were big pukers, so I didn't have much of an appreciation for burpies. However, our youngest is teaching us a reliance upon them. The other day I was at the library without one, and wouldn't you know, that was the time he chose to hurl curds down my cleavage. Luckily when no one was looking I sopped it up with his blanket. Nice, huh? (By the way, it's nice having a cleavage. I normally don't have one. )

This is a view we see at least once a day, if not more. Here he is awaiting his bath.
At least he looks contrite.

13 comments:

autum said...

He looks precious!!

beki said...

What a cutie!!! (even covered in his spitup :-)
How funny you posted this - just today I used the burp cloth Rebecca made me. I was marveling at how well it was made and was thinking what a great gift it was.

Ali said...

Oh puking babies, remember it well. If only I had owned such cute cloths!

He looks so big already!

kimberly said...

Oh those burping cloths are a great idea. What ever happened to 3 peas? Her blog is now full of twins!
My kids were always making sure I was full of spit up. What a cutie!

Cathy said...

My son wasn't a spitter but if he did the occassional one, I used his blanket. No problem as long as it can go in the wash. The burp cloths are a much more convenient item though... and very cute!

capello said...

Neither one of my boys were all that much of the pukers either, but that didn't mean I didn't live and breathe with a burp cloth on my shoulder at all times!

He's getting quite big!

lindiepindie said...

Yeah - all three of mine did that all the time, yet it always surprised me when they did it on their church outfit right as we were ready to load up the car...we went through sooo many burp cloths and outfits and tummy time blankies and sheets each day. *sigh*

keri said...

What a cutie, he's getting so big!

I love the burp cloth idea, especially with the cute little monkey fabric =)

Megan said...

Hi Jojo - he does look contrite! And please don't apologise for not commenting, I wasn't meaning to sulk! I think you are more than busy enough without feeling the need to post on anyone's blog, let alone mine. I know your there, reading, as I am here, reading.

weirdbunny said...

Mine were sicky babies. I used to carry a terry's towwelling nappy cloth every where which was none as the sick blanket to mop up their yuck!

Erin said...

Ooooh. Ahhhh. He's so cute. Makes me want to hold a baby again.

joyce said...

what a cutie!
yes i know what you mean about cleavage!! i'm still nursing right now but i know they will shrivel (haha) back to nothing when i eventually stop...

<---That Girl said...

I stumbled across your blog at Homemade by Jill. I love your burp rags too...neat idea, thanks for sharing!