Friday, July 14, 2006

Five Years of one, One Month of the other


I'm a little behind on blogging.... Last weekend Davey my sweet, talkative, car-obsessed, bubbly little boy turned 5 years old. In lieu of throwing a big bash (which we've done for the past 3 years) we decided to take it easy on ourselves and take a road trip to Portland, OR where we got to attend the baptism of 3 month old cousin Samuel and, perhaps most exciting of all, we stayed in a hotel with A SWIMMING POOL! The kids had a blast, and so did the grownups! Grandma (my mom) was out visiting at the time and got to spend lots of time bonding with the boys.

And little Mikey is officially one month old. I finally just got around to ordering his birth announcements. In the past I made birth announcements by hand, which always seemed to involve lots of cutting, glueing, folding, etc. Stuff that I don't have the time and patience for these days. And besides, it seemed like the people we were sending them out to didn't have much appreciation for handmade stuff anyway. Made me sad to think that my handmade cards were probably ending up in someone's recyclables. So I tweaked a photo of him in photoshop and got cards printed up at winkflash.com. They turned out beautifully. Thank you winkflash for being quick and e-c-o-n-o-m-i-c-a-l. Here's the picture I used.

p.s. A big thanks to the commenters last time who recommended online shopping. Oh my goodness--sheer brilliance. And here's the bonus--I found out that one of my husband's work benefits is free delivery when shopping at Safeway.com. Yipppeeeee!

16 comments:

Dawn said...

Adorable photos! Squeeze them for me, ok? xo

Belinda said...

That top picture with the 2 boys is just divine. The weekend away sounded like fun! I can't believe a month has past already..

capello said...

Ah, the time is going by so quickly!

Leslie said...

Precious little ones!

Ali said...

Just look at your beautiful boys. Take lots of pictures, the time is flying past.

lindiepindie said...

So is my announcement in the mail? :)

You did a great job on his picture. And I'm all in favor of taking it easy on birthdays. I can't imagine throwing a b-day party - even now! Maybe one of these years...

Wendy said...

Beautiful photos.

beki said...

What beautiful pictures!
I think you're amazing for sending out birth announcements, I haven't even gotten out some of my thank-yous.

Meegan Blue said...

Such beautiful, sweet, boy goodness!

keri said...

Happy Birthday Davey~!

What a cute idea for cards. Thank you so much for the lovely hand-made card in the mail. I love the teensy-tiny feet, so cute! =)

joyce said...

happy 1 month to your son! i hand-made my son's birth announcements but this time i just did my newborn daughter's in photoshop too and will have www.fotki.com print them for me. the only thing i will do is stick on cardstock once they're printed.

Megan said...

Mikey is so gorgeous. I love the one of him and his brother also.

anaromerodesign said...

Hi! I’m a new kid on the block, on the blog area that is… I’ve just recently created my own blog, come and visit me! http://handmade-design.blogspot.com or http://anaromerodesign.etsy.com

weirdbunny said...

Such cuties both of them.

Cathy said...

Awww... they are both so adorable! Happy Birthday, Davie!

Wendy said...

Joanna just to let you know you can buy the crocs on the internet :o) Thanks for comment. I can't find email address for you.