Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Thank you, friends!


I've had the good fortune of getting some goodies in the mail from blogging friends lately. Keri, from Knitty Gritty Thoughts is an enabler!!! She saw that I bought some sock yarn and has been gently nudging me into sock knitting. Look at the needles she sent me (size 1--aaaaah!!) I'd actually started some socks, was about 5 inches into them, but was using needles that were way too big (3's). Thanks to her advice, I decided to frog them and start all over with a smaller size. Then Mikey decided to come 5 days early, so that was 5 fewer evenings for me to work on sock knitting (that's OK, I forgive you Mikey!). Now that I'm up 2 -3 times at night, I try to get to bed at 9:30 every night because I don't have the luxury of napping during the day. Once I get my evenings back, I will be working on socks--promise! ;) Also, the little hat she made for the baby is in Rowan cashsoft, and let me tell you, it is the softest thing ever. Thank you so much, Keri! Someday, I would looove to be able to knit things as beautifully as you do.


And check out this precious blankie from fellow Washingtonian Kathy of Pink Chalk Studio. The photos don't do it justice, as the fabrics are so pretty and there are different textures for the baby to feel--smooth, terry cloth, and waffle weave--fun! And then the backing is made out of flannel with all these animals doing their thing: alligators holding apples, bears with bread, cows with canes...this blankie doubles as an alphabet book! Ha! You know I love your style, Kathy! I'm so happy to be the proud owner of a Kathy original :) By the way, I keep meaning to mention this, but Kathy made the most gorgeous quilt a couple of months ago. It's my all-time fave quilt on the internet.

Thank you so much Keri and Kathy for your generosity and for thinking of me. I feel very honored and fortunate to be at the receiving end of your kindness. Blessings to you both!

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful gifts for a beautiful baby.

Violet & Rose said...

Joanna, I have been meaning to comment over here for days to say how great your tissue holder tutorial was, and then I saw your comments at Sara at Madmommy, and I thought, now I really have to come over here. I have been making a few of the holders and they are so easy and great. So thanks. And your photos of your beautiful son are just precious.

Amy said...

Mmm - nice baby quilt I'd say! How fun!

lindiepindie said...

Ahhhhhh! A Pink Chalk original? I have that quilt in my inspirations file - it really is so pretty.

capello said...

Oh, you're not kidding about that quilt, it is lovely.

You postal lovlies are wonderful!

craftymodster said...

Adorable Mikey (I mean it...thank you for the special e-mailed photos of him! So sweet!) and his mum are very lucky indeed. The hat is scrumptious (I love that pattern!) and the quilt is wonderful! And J, you must, when you get some time again, attempt the socks, as it's a very rewarding project (even if it seems daunting...really it's NOT). And bebe socks go pretty fast, as they're so tiny. The pattern I used for Mikey's was very, very simple.

Welcome home!

xo-anjo

Megan said...

Wonderful little blanket for Mikey, he and you deserve something special. So glad to hear you are taking good care of yourself, you are such a good Mom!

Sandrine (alias Didine ♥ ) said...

You received amazing gifts ! Lucky you ! I hope you had a great weekend ! Smooches :)

Mrs. Moody said...

Very beautiful quilt! I was linked to your site and can't get enough of it. I want more!

weirdbunny said...

What wonderful friends you've made, just goes to show we are not just wasting hours away on our computers after all!