Monday, June 05, 2006

Monkey Play Mat

Finally a little something for my little guy. I've decided not to call it a quilt. The word quilt makes it sounds like it's going on a bed, but this thing doesn't match the room at all (it's pale green). So I've decided to call it a play mat. It'll go on the floor when he's having tummy time and learning to roll around. It's already been broken in by Davey and Keith who have been running circles around it in the family room. In fact, when I first showed it to Keith he said, "it's hopscotch" and starting jumping up and down on it while holding his sippy cup, which resulted in a few drops of chocolate milk getting on it. Oh well.
monkey front

monkey back
Love that monkey fabric. It's by Moda and was discontinued at the time I bought it. I had to search far and wide all over the internet. Ebay sellers were selling it at ridiculously high prices. I felt so lucky that I was able to find some at a reasonable price from an online store. Well, I just got my new catalog from Hancock's of Paducah and Moda has brought it back with a few more that I haven't seen before: look at this cute little band-aid fabric and this fabric that looks like the texture of socks.

Dave asked me today if I'm finally going to make a quilt for myself. Oy! Not for another couple of years, I think. After this whirlwind two months-or-so of quilting, I can honestly say that I'm done. It's been fun, but I am done. Uncle!!!!

I have a couple more small projects lined up--end of the year tote-bags for Davey's preschool teachers and a couple of cushions for our living room. But I'm definitely slowing down. I'd like to spend my last few free evenings sitting and reading or maybe trying my hand at knitting some socks.

p.s. Funny thing happened the other day. I offered up gift tags a couple of posts ago and it turns out one person I'll be sending tags to, Gina, lives a mere 10 min. away from me. Isn't that funny? In this whole big blogging world, I'm going to be making tags for someone who is practically my neighbor!!

18 comments:

Mirre said...

What a wonderful quilt... I mean playmat!!
And happy belated anniversary!!

Rachel said...

...that quilt is great!
Love it!...and...
...Happy Anniversary!

Ali said...

That playmat looks a lot of fun - the sqiggly quilting really suits the design.

weirdbunny said...

That is a really funky playmat.

Rosa said...

I wrote this long comment, but blogger was being wonky. It is a lovely quilt. Truly a talent.

Megan said...

Yay, you made something for yourself! I often used my baby quilts for play quilts, they're perfect for that.

Good for you taking a breather and slowing down. Take good care of yourself.

rebecca said...

beautiful work!!! i'm definitely going to do a pieced back the next time i get around to some quilt making -- you've inspired me!

capello said...

Very cute playmat!

And mine is a picnic blanket. Calling it a quilt is wa-ay too scary.

the painted pear said...

How lucky are you to have a blogger right next door!! That is so neat and should remind us all that the world really can be a small place.

That quilt is fantastic. You know it is! If you don't already know this, than your hormones are way off....well, they are anyway aren't they! Just love the checkerboard feel. I can't wait to see what you do for a quilt for yourself! I am so terrible at deciding things like that. Curtains, wall colors....I have a hard time. Can't wait, but right now you have a wee little thing bigger than that too think about. And that is where I am going to get the Moosetracks Icecream for dinner tonight! (You know....cause your pregnant....and pickles too.)

Megan said...

PS Jo - thanks for the comment, but really I don't expect a woman who is 9 months pregnant to be doing anything other than taking as much care of herself as she can! Go put your feet up! Please!

Heather said...

It's beautiful! I used a quilt I made a few years ago a lot when my daughter was rolling around. It so much nicer than the dirty floor because you can throw it in the wash.

Happy Anniversary, they are beautiful wedding pictures!

keri said...

I love the play-mat/play-quilt idea. It's very pretty!

Sandrine (alias Didine ♥ ) said...

OOOh my god ! I love so much these funny fabrics and bananas !!! I'm so jealous ! I'd like to have some ! And this quilt is simpley perfect ! Big and enormous smooches !

kathy said...

Great colors! This is going to make a great backdrop for those drooling chin on the belly pictures. The back is as pretty as the front. Perfect binding to finish it off. I just saw the bandaid and sock fabric at Esthers last week. It's really cute.

kimberly said...

You amaze me! That quilt is really amazing. I love it. How do you do everything so professionally? Oh sorry that's a playmat. Oops

Amy said...

Fantastic quilt. The dark brown and red will be so stimulating for your little guy. Broken in quilts are the best!

april said...

This is sooooo cute. I love the quilting.

Anonymous said...

^^ nice blog!! ^@^

徵信,徵信網,徵信社,徵信社,感情挽回,婚姻挽回,挽回婚姻,挽回感情,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,捉姦,徵信公司,通姦,通姦罪,抓姦,抓猴,捉猴,捉姦,監聽,調查跟蹤,反跟蹤,外遇問題,徵信,捉姦,女人徵信,女子徵信,外遇問題,女子徵信, 外遇,徵信公司,徵信網,外遇蒐證,抓姦,抓猴,捉猴, 調查跟蹤,反跟蹤,感情挽回,挽回感情,婚姻挽回,挽回婚姻,外遇沖開,抓姦, 女子徵信,外遇蒐證,外遇,通姦,通姦罪,贍養費,徵信,徵信社,抓姦,徵信,徵信公司,徵信社,徵信公司,徵信社,徵信公司,女人徵信,
徵信,徵信網,徵信社, 徵信網,外遇,徵信,徵信社,抓姦,徵信,女人徵信,徵信社,女人徵信社,外遇,抓姦,徵信公司,徵信社,徵信社,徵信社,徵信社,徵信社,女人徵信社,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,女子徵信社,女子徵信社,女子徵信社,女子徵信社, 徵信,徵信社, 徵信,徵信社, 徵信社,
徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信,徵信社,徵信, 徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 外遇, 抓姦, 離婚, 外遇,離婚,
徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,徵信,外遇, 抓姦, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信社, 徵信社, 徵信社,徵信,徵信, 徵信,外遇, 抓姦
徵信外遇抓姦離婚婚前徵信工商徵信尋人大陸抓姦法律諮詢家暴婚前徵信工商徵信外遇抓姦尋人離婚家暴大陸抓姦感情挽回
婚姻挽回大陸抓姦尋人
大陸抓姦,徵信,徵信社