Thursday, June 15, 2006

Just Checking In


Just a quick post while I have a second. I just wanted to say thank you for all your supportive comments and well wishes. Dave printed them off and brought them to me at the hospital...and it was so wonderful to read your loving words. Thank you so much! It meant so much to me!

We made it home on Tuesday, and Dave's parents flew in from PA that evening. It's been great having them here to play with the boys and take care of us while I'm recovering. I'm still on painkillers, which I NEED, but they make me drowsy, and so I try to nap when I get the chance. For some reason, my incision is still bleeding (TMI, sorry), so I need to get that checked out. And I'm hurting and bruised in every place imaginable, but thankfully, the euphoria of having a new little cutie is keeping me going. We have been dealing with some jaundice, but he's feeding well and at 5 days post partum is almost back up to his birth weight, so the doctor told us today that we don't have a thing to worry about on the jaundice front, thank goodness.

Thinking about you all and how much my blogging/crafting life, and life in general is going to change. I'm OK with that, but I'm sure it'll take awhile to get used to. In the meantime, stay well. I will try to keep in touch!

21 comments:

krista said...

Enjoy that amazing little bundle! It's amazing how much pain you can endure when you've got a gorgeous little boy like that to gaze at all day!

Enjoy, and what a wonderful photo, and get well soon.

gina said...

Oh such cuteness. Congrats!

Ali said...

How beautiful Michael is. Glad you're both safely home and have some help around.

Heal well.

Pink Rocket said...

What a cutie!!

Hope you're back in the swing of things soon!

Dawn said...

What a precious baby..! Hope your recovery speeds along. Thanks for the update!

kimberly said...

Enjoy your time with the little man-he's adorable!!!!
We'll be here.

Angela said...

What a sweet photo of a precious baby! Take it easy and enjoy the new little one. I'm glad you have some help around the house. Be well and take care of yourself. 8-)

Leslie said...

Oh how precious these times with our children. Enjoy every moment with the all of your adorable ones. Life moves very quickly and in a blink of an eye, they'll be grown.

Amy said...

OH GOD. Such a crumpled pile of sweetness!! My spine is weak. Thanks for checking in - take care of yourself and everyone else :-)

rebecca said...

What a precious picture. A real bundle of joy!!!!! Thanks for sharing. :o)

Funky Finds said...

Your baby is beautiful! I hope you feel better ASAP. Congrats to your family again.

Erin said...

Ahhhh. What sweetness. Hope you'll begin to feel a little better soon.

lindiepindie said...

He's just precious. Did you just feed him? He's got that "I just ate and am sooooo satisfied" look.

Lora said...

Welcome Home!! I love the beautiful picture of the wee one!

Take care of yourself!!

beki said...

If anyone understands what you're going through, it's me! Do take care of yourself and rest all you can. Crafting can wait.

Your little guy is too precious!!

weirdbunny said...

How gorgoeus is he!!!
Try to rest and not do anything!!!

Megan said...

He's just beautiful and I am so glad you are enjoying these first few days with him. Of course life will be too hectic to be here very often, I will miss seeing your beautiful quilts and things so regularly, but I just love the reason for your absence - if that makes any sense. Looking forward to hearing how things with your expanded family continue to go. Hope you heal well quickly.

capello said...

So sweet. You forget how small babies start out.

Take care of yourself and your family. As much as I'd like lots of updates, I'd much rather know that everyone and everything is taken care of. :-)

Sandrine (alias Didine ♥ ) said...

*C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S* This little boy is tooooooooooo cute ! I'm so happy you're fine both ! Big and enormous hugs :) I'm impatient to read you soon !

keri said...

What a little cutie pie! Heal soon, we'll be hoping to hear from you!

Cathy said...

What a precious little babe! I can't wait to see more pics of him.