Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I've Been Duped (in a good way)

A few weeks ago I offered up some gift tags to the first 3 commenters. The 4th commenter, Anjo of The Crafty Modster, a fellow Seattle blogger mama, didn't make the cut (or so she thought). Whatever. I was more than happy to make her some tags, and she said she'd swap tags with me, and by the way, did I know what I was having? So I sent her 5 measly tags, and look at what she sent!!!!

Way too much stuff to fit in one photo. First up, this absolutely beautiful baby bolero. Soft as can be and oh-so-cute!!! (sorry about all the the exclamation marks--I can't help myself!!) A beautiful cut of Japanese linen for me to play around with. Fun!

A onesie that she designed herself. Isn't that cute? Oh, yeah, and there are the tags from the so-called-swap. Hmmmm. I see way more than 5!!!!
And here are the show stoppers: Hugs and kisses socks. At first glance they look like regular cables, but NOT SO!!! Look closely--those are tiny little x's and o's. Have you ever....?
Um, hello??? What kind of lopsided swap was that? She lied to me, but all is forgiven (of course). She's amazing. If you want any of the specs, pattern info, details on all she made for me (um, I mean, the baby), look here. After seeing this adorable bolero, I'm convinced I need to get that One Skein book everyone's been raving about.

Anjo, you've totally outdone yourself. I can't believe you got all this done in, what, 2 weeks? You're amazing! Oh, did I already say that? Thank you so much! I should knit a pair of xoxo socks for you (not that I'm capable), or maybe a xoxo body suit, because you should be covered in xoxo's for your generosity! :)



15 comments:

Megan said...

You totally deserve it Joanna! All that love you poured into those quilts, coming flooding back to you. It's all wonderful. Those kiss hug socks are too much! I feel like I need to add three exclamation points after each sentence!!! I think I'm almost as pleased with your haul as you are!!!

Ali said...

Megan's right - what goes around comes around.

Those socks .....!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rebecca said...

oooooh!! how lucky are you??!! it's all so adorable!!

Megan said...

BTW, you are such a SWEETIE to say such nice things to me in my comments. I always think after I post that everyone is going to read it and think I'm a total loser and never come back. It's always slightly suprising, and very wonderful, when you do. Don't know what it says about your sense of humour though ...

weirdbunny said...

Oh wow what an amazing person she is. It must have been like christmas, just so exciting!!!! Blogging people are just so kind aren't they. All I can say is enjoy!

rebecca said...

I also agree, what goes around, comes around! You are so sweet, and giving, that it only seems fit. But that is a pretty hefty little swap. Enjoy it all, enjoy the love that went into it, too.

Sarah said...

I'm totally in love witht hose socks. You and the new little one deserve it.

capello said...

Wow! What swappy goodness!

Everything is beautiful!

P said...

oh wow! but most especially to those gorgeous socks...

blair said...

That Anjo, what a sweetie! Looks like you are loved!

Lora said...

What a sweet heart she is for sending you all that... I so love Random Acts of Kindness, even though this had to be pre-planned. tee hee!! But still, it makes me happy to see people still being nice to others!! (Just watched the news...I hate the news sometimes, report something happy dang it!)
Those xoxox's socks are DARLING!!!

Heather said...

Wow, what an amazing gift! It is all so adorable. The socks with the opposite stripes, they're just too cute!

Siri said...

I found out when I was pregnant with our first son that people come out of the woodwork when there's a baby on the way. People get so much joy out of making/giving things for babies.
So much sweetness, but those socks are out of this world cute! One more thing that I know I'll be making sometime in the future.
Best of luck with your birth. Glad the van is fixed. One less thing to wonder about.

craftymodster said...

Enjoy! I hope new baby 'stardustshoes' will get the chance to try one of these knitties on before it's too hot. I am giddy you showed the socks with the X's and the O's more apparent as it didn't really occur to me to do THAT! You're most welcome. xo anjo

ps. NOT 2 weeks. Less than ONE (I know, I'm crazy with the pushing of myself. I know.). There. I said it.