Thursday, June 08, 2006

Fabric Take 4


Yeah, yeah, yeah. You've seen this fabric combination before here , here, and here. Kind of weird, this blogging thing. I was thinking the other day that I really shouldn't keep using this fabric even though I love, love, love it because I don't want people to think my blog is boring, or worse yet, that I'm boring. But frankly, it's my blog, and if I'm boring, what of it? It's just a strange feeling thinking that I'm possibly crafting for the entertainment of others...people that stop by but that I don't even really truly know. Why should I be out to impress anybody? This is me, lumps and all. In my defense, the other times I used the fabric, I gave the stuff away, so these pillows are MINE. Here to stay.

Off and on while I was making these, for some reason I kept thinking about poor Megan and how she was dealing with the absence of Gretchin (her sewing machine that was at the shop being repaired). And though I know these humble cushions aren't all that exciting or special, I sure am glad I have a sewing machine to make whatever unexciting or unspecial thing that strikes my fancy.

p.s. Oops! Forgot to post about the van--thanks for reminding me, Rebecca! It's fixed. It spent the whole day in the shop yesterday and got a new computer. We are now $700 poorer, but at least we have peace of mind...and won't have to take a taxi to the hospital. Heh heh.

21 comments:

Wendy said...

Those are not boring at all, they are lovely.

Megan said...

She's back Jo! Safely home and ready for making lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of stuff.

Love that fabric combination. More of good, is better!

the painted pear said...

Don't ever say you are boring again! Not true. You are however pregnant! And how about that van!

Love the pillows, and so glad you get to keep em!

Ali said...

Like that 'peek - a - boo' effect.

Amy said...

Cushions lovely. Blog not boring. Ipso facto, you not boring. No worries. I love using fabrics again and again too. Like an old friend.

Cathy said...

Not boring at all! I love seeing all the different ways you can use fabrics.

the painted pear said...

Yeah! Glad to hear about the van! What is this about a computer, in the car...? Do you need to blog/surf/post on your way to delivery room?

That would be kind of nice of you to keep us THAT UP TO DATE! But really, enjoy the birth, you'll get all stressed if your blogging while contracting.

Siri said...

I bypassed that fabric once while it was on sale. I was thinking of using it for my Tie One On smock last month. I even had it in my cart but put it back on the shelf. Then I saw how you used it on your blog. Yesterday, for some terribly unknown reason, I bypassed it again even though there wasn't much left. Now, seeing this, I realized that I must be crazy for leaving it behind again.

Lisa said...

JoJo- thank you for your sweet comment on my blog and for the name of the company that makes the fabric in question. I love it. One day I will have to dig out my Liberty quilt top so you can see how lovely your pillows would look with my quilt.

You my dear are not boring, you are FAB!

Angela said...

I think the pillows are lovely! They look so professional, not boring at all. I really like the chair? they are in also. 8-)

capello said...

I like your pillows, and I'd use up all that fabric if I had any too.

kimberly said...

You are by no means boring! It's about time you did something for yourself! In your last post you said you would like to be young again with no worries-that's how I feel right now too. I'm glad you got the car fixed. Ours needs it too but I'm scared to see the bill. How did our parents do it all and stay sane?

Leslie said...

Boring......never. I look forward everyday to reading your blog.

My tags arrived today and I love them. You are so generous and kind in sharing your talent through your blog and your gifts. Thanks!

stephanie said...

another beautiful creation! Also, so glad to hear about your van--not the $700, though.

stephanie said...

another beautiful creation! Also, so glad to hear about your van--not the $700, though.

stephanie said...

another beautiful creation! Also, so glad to hear about your van--not the $700, though.

stephanie said...

wow, I don't know why my comment posted so many times. Sorry about that. . .

weirdbunny said...

Whether it's a peice of fabric or a paint colour, If I fall in love with something I use it totally all the time. Untill recently I had painted 5 rooms in my house green, because I loved it so much!

weirdbunny said...

Oh you wonderful person you, I can't beleive I'm on your blog list. Thank you, Thank you so much!!!!! I'm really happy and excited!!

Shelina said...

I don't think the pillows are boring. Youhave to match the decor, and make a style statement. And you are entitled to your style. And even if they were boring, that wouldn't make YOU boring!

craftymodster said...

Um, excuse me, J, but those are FAR from boring. They are beautiful! You're such a crafty talent. I dig your pillows, especially if it's a fabric you love (in fact you can do anything you darn well please, as you're about to become a new mama all over again!). I don't know where you find the time.

Oh no...I didn't know about your car woes, but I am so happy to hear that you have your vehicle back (aren't they a pain? I'd rather not deal with them at all), and just in the nick of time.
xo