Saturday, May 06, 2006

A Little Visitor


Davey and Keith have a little cousin visiting this weekend. He's four-week-old Samuel who made his first long road trip all the way from Portland this morning (3 hours). He's cute, snuggly and smells awesome. The boys (especially Davey) can't get enough of him. Davey always wants to hold him, and when he cries, they run over and sing him the ABC song. Davey keeps sticking his head in Samuel's bassinet and giggling every time Samuel makes a noise--grunting, hiccuping, you-name-it. I grew up not really knowing any of my cousins. I'm so glad these boys are going to grow up together. It's a good sign they like each other already.

This is the front and back of Samuel's baby quilt. It's a very basic log cabin, with different panels of Curious George in each center.

9 comments:

Mirre said...

I really like the colours you used on the quilt... baby Sam will definitely look very cute under it!!

autum said...

I love the quilt and the way you also used colors on the back. Sounds like you will have lots of little helping hands when your own sweet baby boy arrives.

weirdbunny said...

I love the quilting pattern that you've used.

the painted pear said...

Love that quilt!!!Love Curious George. That is a sweet picture to treasure for years to come.

Dawn said...

What a nice quilt. I like the back as well as the front. I really like the blue and green together...calm colors.

Lora said...

aww how sweet the kids are going to be close!! My brother's children and mine are close too!! We'll be seeing them tonight, and we have a new 1 week old cousin to boot :):) Can't wait to see my little niece. :) Thanks for the pattern for the tissue holders! Check my blog...It's tissue madness and mayhem at my house now! Great gifts for Teacher Appreciation week and Mother's day!
Nice quilt too :):)

Megan said...

I like those pieced backs very much.

lindiepindie said...

Your quilts look so nice and professional - makes me want one of your quilting machines but alas we have not the room.

kimberly said...

I love your quilting!! So professional. Once again, I'm impressed.