Monday, May 22, 2006

Gift Tags


I finished my tags for the gift tag swap, organized by Dacia Ray. This is my second swap after the blockswap, and I fear I am a little bit addicted to swaps now. These are how mine turned out. I had lots of fun antiqueing the tags.

After making those, I decided that I should make some customized tags for myself. I've knit some scarves, hats, and other little items to give as gifts. There are a couple times where, silly me, I didn't bother to write down anywhere that the item was knit by hand. For all they knew, I bought the item at Walmart and cut the tags off. So anyway, I played around in Photoshop and drew a little yarn ball (do you know how hard it is to draw yarn??? try it), and here's what I came up with. Fun, fun!



Now, why should I keep all the fun to myself? I'd love to make some more of these. Want some? The first 3 people to comment that they do will get a set of five personalized "handknit by (your name goes here)" gift tags. And if you've never commented before, don't let that stop you! I love meeting new bloggers. (p.s. If no one wants any, I will feel like a total reject!)

19 comments:

kmckiernan said...

Can I really be the first commenter? Wow! I think they are super cute and I would love one.

Thanks!
Keri =)

Dani said...

Wooohooo commenter #2 =)

I found you thru Flickr, and LOVE these tags!!

Thanks so much for making such agenerous offer =)

Ali said...

Beautiful tags. Now, given that I can't knit, a 'handknit by me' tag is going to be a bit of a waste, but I'd like your antiqueing secret, because those look great.

craftymodster said...

I'm TOO late, but I wanted to tell you how lovely your new personalized tags are, Joanne! AND, who knows, I barely slid into the gift tag swap so perhaps I will have one of your tags afterall. You never know! What fun. anjo

Megan said...

These are fabulous! I know what you mean about swaps. I felt relly nervous entering my first one, and wasn't going to do it again, but now I am done with it, I want to enter many more. They're very addicting.

Kim said...

I know this doesn't go with your post, but I just wanted to let you know that I got one of your blocks in the block swap and I love it. Thanks so much!

Cindi said...

I too would love to know the antiquing secret. It doesn't pay to be behind in reading blogs!

Pink Rocket said...

love the tags too!!

i am so addicted to swaps!! i really need to stop! but. i. can't!!!

oliveonline said...

Well I'm certainly too late (damn the time difference!) but I've just found your beautiful tags on flickr - just gorgeous! I've read on and noticed that you're expecting too - I've got until mid August and have just started my crafting again now that work has finished. Will read your blog as inspiration - thanks!

the painted pear said...

Hey, well I am always late to things like these, but I haven't been knitting lately anyway! They look great, and love the yarn ball. I do know how hard it is to try to draw yarn. Looking at the instructions in the back of magazines, where the yarn is drawn out, actually pains me!!!

Swaps are addicting, and cause me and my family much turmoil!!!!! But the swap goes on.

Rachel said...

...thanks for the tag idea-it's great!...I need to try it!

Heather said...

Your tags look great! Much better than mine which are printed on plain white paper!

Erin said...

These turned out really nice. The antiquing is a great idea.

Angela said...

Beautiful tags!

Lora said...

darn!! Too late for those cute tags!!! Always a day late and dollar short LOL They are cute!!

capello said...

Those are ubber-cute. Too bad I don't knit!

Lisa said...

Rats....number 17...darn darn darn! But I am participating in Dacia's tag swap too, so hopefully I'll score one of the originals.

kimberly said...

Oh gosh, I can't believe I haven't read you in two days!! My rss reader died on me and I had to retype all my blog feeds. Ugh. Now I'm back up and you've made some so cool tags. How did you do them? Look at that-18 comments with mine. Girl, you're kicking butt!!
Oh and your yarn picture looks great!! Don't you just love Photoshop?

AnastasiaC said...

I got one of your tags inmy bundle!! Love it!