Saturday, April 15, 2006

Woo Hoo!


Look what came in the mail from Rebecca of 3peas. What a sweet surprise--and everything was wrapped so beautifully. I'm a sucker for nice packaging. Check out that handmade pom pom...too cute! And look at what was inside:

A darling little knit hat made from merino wool, soft as can be and beautifully knit on the tiniest of needles--size one, maybe? Little baby's first handmade gift. And 2 burp cloths backed in soft terry cloth. I LOVE that robot fabric and the polka dots too. And she was so nice to include gifts for Davey and Keith. Check out the shark and crocodile finger puppets. The boys had fun with those all afternoon.

Funny, on Friday I was thinking about how this poor third child isn't going to get near the attention of the other two. It's already started--I had 3 baby showers when I was pregnant with Davey, one low-key one for Keith, and now none for this little guy. Poor thing. And then the mailman comes with this gift. Neither of my other two got a hand knit hat...so there! He's one upped them already! :) I've had the little hat sitting on my kitchen countertop for 2 days now. Every now and then I have to pick it up and feel it, it's so sweet.

Thanks SO much Rebecca! I'm blown away by your generosity! I feel honored to have you as a friend (and not just because of the nice things you send me!).

8 comments:

rebecca said...

You are so welcome! Glad everything made it to you safely. Can't wait to "meet" your new little bundle!

autum said...

What a nice gift! Happy Easter.

Mirre said...

Such lovely presents!
Your baby will be so cute with the hat on (and warm of course!) :)

Suse said...

LOVE the robot fabric.

And don't feel guilty about the lack of attention on the third child. Third children are by far the best adjusted and least neurotic kids!

beki said...

How lovely! Rebecca is the best, isn't she? I too received a surprise package, but my post is still in draft mode.

capello said...

What an awesome package!

And I'm totally jealous of the robot fabric -- I tried to get my hands on some of that months ago and failed miserably!

Angela said...

That is an great mail goodie package. The wrapping was really cute! not as cute as the sweetness inside though. What a nice bloggie pal. 8-)

babybug said...

yes, wonderful wrapping! love all your gifts, esp the little dinos and the cute little beenie! color is great, too!