Saturday, April 29, 2006

Tulip Time

I have had this little sweater and hat set done for about a week now, and I just haven't had a chance to post it. It's a simple raglan sweater from Debbie Bliss and the little hat from Stitch and Bitch. Seaming the sleeves to the body of the sweater the last time I made it gave me so much trouble that I decided to make it again so I could CONQUER it! Now I think I have it figured out. My sewing mind got me so used to thinking that I have to attach everything right sides together, and that's where I had problems last time. With knitting apparently you attach things with wrong sides together. Who knew? Not me. . . but now I do.

And in case you were wondering, that's Lion Brand WoolEase in mushroom. I love the color and the whole-wheat wholesome look of it. Now that I have that pattern mastered, I think I'm going to upgrade my yarn to......(hold your breath).....knitpicks!!!! (HA! You thought I was going to say Debbie Bliss or Rowan, but no...I'm a tightwad, remember? I can't spend that kind of money! :))

I've still been quilting, but we took a little outing to the Skagit Valley today to see the tulips. Even though it was cold and overcast, we managed to make it there before the downpour. Here are my 3 men:

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!


the painted pear said...

It is nice to see your family! They look happy, and maybe they should be tip toeing since they are in amongst the tulips...get it?

I have heard so much about knitpicks...have you ordered there before? what do you think? let me know, cause their yarn seems so reasonable.

That little sweater and hat is just waiting in anticipation for a pudgy little "sweet cheeks" to plump it out. (oh you can just tell I am a mom, it is oozing out of me, ha ha ha ha)

kimberly said...

What a sweet sweater set!! You did a great job-of course. Isn't it great when you finally figure out what you're supposed to do? That's the best part. I often sit stumped over a project until it finally clicks and I know what to do.
I'm a tightwad when it comes to materials too. Since having my blog, I've tried to say it's ok to buy some nicer yarn-it'll be worth it in the end. I do love knitpicks though.

capello said...

Wow! Look at those tulips!

So happy you got to get out of the house, I've had to do everything in the rain this weekend.

Really, Mother Nature should be more accomidating and not rain so much on the weekends (or, at least, the weekends that I have big plans to get stuff done).

Megan said...

I love Debblie Bliss and that sweater and hat you have knitted are really cute. The colour is wonderful.

Mirre said...

That's such a sweet little set you made!
It looks as if your boys have landed right in Holland :)))

Erin said...

Knitted baby clothes are the best. These turned out great.

lindiepindie said...

I'm impressed by your little knit outfit - it looks so perfect!