Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happy Things!


Look at this sweet little gnome blanket I got in the mail from my sister. I was so happy when I read on her blog that this blanket was for me (well, not actually for me, but you know...). I LOVE those gnomes. It's backed with the softest fluffiest fleece ever. I've never felt anything quite like it. Thanks Linda! It's beautiful and so well made. She also included this sweet fabric from moda that I've never seen before. It is so cute.

Look at that little bear fishing, ironing, doing the laundry. I'll have to think of a fun project for that fabric. And I must say, Linda, that was a cruel joke you played on my kids...packing it all in a Lego box like that! They thought it was a present for them and whined all afternoon about wanting those kind of Legos--as if we don't already have a ton of Legos all over the house. So today we're off to the store to see if there are any like that. Yes, I'm a pushover. Next time I send you something, I'm going to package it in a chocolate box. Heh heh.

I came across this great tutorial for lined drawstring bags from Amy of Happythings. This was fun, easy, and addictive. I'm going to be on the lookout from here on out for cute ribbons and other things to use for drawstrings. These would make great gift bags, if I could only think of some gifts to put in them. Maybe a trip to the Body Shop is in order?


11 comments:

the painted pear said...

I wish I had a sister....really, being the oldest, and my other sibling is a wonderful, younger brother, I did secretly always want a sister! Enjoy the gnome blanket. Your sister has a special affliction for gnomes! he he

Like I need another bag. I am the bag lady of my town, but I cannot resist a tutorial! I will check out the drawstring bag, and damn it, I will probably make one, arrrgghhh. xxoo's that is a joke

autum said...

Very pretty drawstring bags. The ribbon drawstring is a nice touch.

beki said...

What great things! You're lucky tio have such a nice sister. I'm with Rebecca, I wish I had a sister...

I love those drawstring bags. I think I'm going to make one for my BT3 partner. (yes I'm insane for participating)

kmckiernan said...

Those little bags are so cute! I've seen them before but never with a lining attached. The colors are beautiful!

blair said...

That is such a cute blanket. If I had it to do all over again, one of my kiddos would have had a gnome nursery, I love that fabric so much.

capello said...

Oh my, those drawstring bags are adorable!

And I want a garden gnome blanket for me. I'm starting to obsess over that fabric.

lindiepindie said...

You are SO welcome! I'm sorry about the box - I wasn't even thinking! The Legos were on clearance at Target just a couple of weeks ago so they might still be around!

Mirre said...

That's such cute gnome-fabric!
And those drawstring bags are lovely!

babybug said...

i read your sister's blog and saw the blanket. i didn't make the connection that she was your sister. how neat.

the little bags are cute. i love the fabric, of course. hey, just had an idea what you could do with them...make little presents for the nurses when you deliver! being the first-time-mother when i had babybug, i didn't even think of gifts for the nurses. i still feel bad that i forgot.

Amy said...

Great job on the bags - they are fab! Will you post a comment on the tutorial so other folks know it actually works :-)

Belinda said...

thanks for sharing the link, I'm going to try one. They would make great gift bags.