Thursday, April 13, 2006

Boppy Cover


Thanks to Beki's idea I decided my old Boppy needed a new slipcover. The old one has survived two nursing babes, and has some serious stainage. It's still in pretty good shape, but I wanted a slipcover that I could remove and wash when needed. I saw some slipcovers at Toys R Us, but hey, why buy when you can make? I got some flannel fabric, a zipper and some matching thread, and this is how it turned out. I like that it is so soft and cozy, and I'm so proud of myself for inserting my first-ever zipper. It's not perfect, but it was good for a first try. I love making things that will get some use.
p.s. Thank you, friends, for all of your feedback on yesterday's post. I appreciate you all so much. It was great to be able to get my problem out in writing and instead of just stewing about every little incident that's happened in the past few months, to be able see it more objectively and through your eyes as well. When my son feels picked on at preschool I tell him to go find someone or something else to play with. Would be nice if things were so clear-cut as an adult. I guess sometimes they actually are. I will definitely be backing away from this person and will be focusing more of my energy on friends that are willing to reciprocate instead of suck me dry. I just want to let you know how much I appreciate the support and encouragement I get from you, and even though I haven't met any of you face-to-face, I still recognize that we are friends--how wonderful it is to have people in my corner. Thank you, thank you!!!


6 comments:

Rachel said...

I, too, had one of those boppy things when I nursed my kids as babies. It met the need and all, but it had the yuckiest turquoise and cartoony print. The cover you made for it is great! What an improvement it must be-and with a zipper! You are brave! :o)

Amy said...

Congrats. I am zipper phobic - it gives me strength to see you do it.

kimberly said...

yeah for the zipper! I had one of those for my pregnancy too!

Angela said...

oh your boppy cover looks great! I so needed a cover for ours back in the day, but I wouldn't spend the $20. You did a great job and a zipper TOO! WOW!

beki said...

Your cover looks great! I never did get around to making one because my friend ended up givine me two 'new to me' Boppy's, one of which came with a cover. I may make a pattern out of that one. I think it uses snaps to keep it closed.

babybug said...

jojo, that is relly nice! cute camping fabric! you know me, i always notice the fabric :)