Monday, March 27, 2006

Still Reading....

My mom called me on the phone today and asked if I've been crafting anything lately. Truth be told, I'm still reading Saving Fish From Drowning. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the book and should be finished in the next day or two. It's definitely one of those books I can't put down, so in short, crafting going on here.

Thought this might be a good opportunity to post a picture of a pre-blog era quilt that I made about 2 years ago. I now have it hanging in a corner of my bedroom. Notice how it's held up at the top corners by a couple of pushpins? Shame, shame. That's no way to treat a future family heirloom (yeah, right.)

Also, look at this little goody I got in the mail today from Megan at Beetlegrass. Isn't Hansel the most hilarious--full of wide-eyed innocence. I just had to laugh when I first saw him. Check out the girth of those calves holding up those calf warmers. I'm a big fan of Megan's work. Wish I could draw like that!!! (wish I could draw, period.) Thanks so much Megan! I love it!

I'll blog more when I'm done with my read-a-thon. Hope you all are well!


kimberly said...

What a great quilt!! I love the crazy quilting you did on it. Gorgeous!
That is why I'm not reading right now-I probably wouldn't want to put it down either and it's hard to read with the kids around. Happy reading to you!!
Oh by the way, that drawing gene that so many people seem to have was not granted to me either! Should we put in a complaint?

tasha said...

that's such an amazing quilt! it takes talent to "see" the designs. i don't have that eye. really nice.

the painted pear said...

Good for you, to not blog, or craft and stick to an agenda...kind of. I mean so many times I start a book and don't finish. I have read 3/4 of Middlesex, and 1/2 of The Good Wife Strikes Back. I don't think I finished a book since the Davinci Code, and god that was such a good read (at least I thought so)

Yes, you are treating your gorgeous family heirloom quilt not well, but who am I, I would do the same thing. That is a wonderful, cozy, sweet quilt. You do wonderful work. Look at the departure from that to your blockswaps....

enjoy finishing your book