Tuesday, March 21, 2006

More Blocks and Fun Mail

Here are three more blocks for the blockswap. I'm still having fun, and I have four left to go. I think one of the best things about this process is that I get to make a variety of blocks. I'm getting some idea of what I like and what I don't, and which ones I could stand doing over and over if I decided I wanted to make a large scale quilt.

And look what I got in the mail all the way from the Netherlands from my new bloggie friend, Berber of KissKus.


I just happened to discover her blog on the day that she was offering up these miniquilts. She didn't know who the heck I was, but was nice enough to let me have one. Did I luck out or what? And get this--she ended up sending me TWO, because one would be lonely. Isn't that sweet? So I swapped her for a tissue holder. These miniquilts are actually sachets that smell of lavender. I was thinking to put one in my underwear drawer, but what a waste. I think they really should be somewhere where they will be seen and enjoyed. Don't you think? ;)

7 comments:

colorfool said...

Your blocks are really attractive. good work! The sachets are sweet looking. Hang 'em on a doorknob and admire them for a bit. 8-)

Meegan Blue said...

I love your blocks, so well designed! And what a fun gift from afar...those definitely need to be seen.

tasha said...

both very nice!

justcinful said...

My favorite one is the last one on the right. Maybe because it's a little off-kilter like me.

the painted pear said...

More beautiful blocks, and they are all different, but with a similiar feel. Like children, each unique, but you can tell they came from the same parent.

Lucky you for the mini lavender quilts, but lucky Kisskus, she gets a tissue holder! kudos to you both!

Mirre said...

I'm glad you like them :)
Your blocks all look wonderful!

Lisa D. said...

Wow - I really like all of your swap blocks. Very creative!