Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Blow Your Nose in Style

It all started with the brown and green one on the right. I wanted to make a little Kleenex pouch to match my fashionista bag. My mom was here at the time and we fiddled and fiddled with the dimensions. It took a while. Our big holdup was not having an actual travel pack of Kleenex in front of us (duh!). The first ones we made were kind of square. But not to worry, they can still be used as maxi pad holders, you know, just in case all the contents of your purse spill out on the sidewalk. When we finally went to Target and purchased some Kleenex, we started cranking these out like crazy. GREAT way to use up quilting scraps. These are fun and quick. If you'd like a little tutorial, drop me a comment.

Oh yeah, and I'm so excited...I just signed up for my first swap ever over at http://blog.seedpodbooksandart.com/blockswap/

I (along with 49 others) am going to be making 10 Denyse Schmidt-esque quilt squares that are 10.5" x 10.5". They'll be made in coordinating colors. I have to send my squares in by April 7th, and then I'll get 9 in return. The one extra goes toward a charity quilt. You can sign up until March 8--anyone care to join me????? ;)

10 comments:

kimberly said...

Those tissue holders are great!! I made some with a friend of mine about 2 years ago. If you send me your tutorial, I'll try to find mine and send it. You need a free patterns section on your blog!! You do the neatest things!!
I would love to join you, but finances are not what they should be right now, so I have to wait for such things until it gets better. I can't wait to see how yours turn out. I'll be watching. :)

autum said...

I need to make some of those. Here in the southeast this is the begining of pollen season and runny noses will everywhere! If you've gotta blow your nose you may as well do it in style!

beki said...

Love the kleenex holders! I need to make some of those, as I always need a tissue for someone.

I can't wait to see that comes about with the block swap, how intersting!

Meegan Blue said...

Those are adorable!!! What a great idea. How cute are you?

megan said...

What a great idea for using up scraps-- I can see these being great gifts for teachers, etc. Love that fabric in the front right. And that's cool that the extra square in that quilt swap will be used for such a good cause!

justcinful said...

Love the kleenex holders! A tut would be fabulous.

the painted pear said...

I apologize, but as I was browsing your blog, I scrolled down and saw your red keen shoes.

I am going on google now to HUNT for these shoes, for I cannot do anything else today till I find them. I have been wearing my kiwi keen sandals all winter with wool socks. I need those red mary jane keens! thank you

I'll be back....

the painted pear said...

oh, love the kleenex holders, I have one and it "dresses" up the inside of my purse!

Stich-n-knit said...

What a smart idea, I think I'll have to try making some of them!
Good luck with your swap!

Lora said...

Hey there! I'd love to see your tutorial on the kleenex pouches!! They are so cute! I just bought a sewing machine so I'm looking for simple quick projects :) Thanks!