Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Biding my Time

I'm waiting for my fabric order for the blockswap. I placed it on Friday and they said it would be 7 - 10 days before I receive it. OY! I'm ready to start on it now. Seeing Miss Rebecca over at 3 peas whipping out those blocks is giving me the shakes. I want my fabric and I want it now!!! So yeah, I've got some stuff going on, but it's mostly it's just busy work until I get my material.

This is what I worked on this weekend. I saw the cute ones that Beki made and decided that it was time to get my act together and make the pattern enlargement on the photocopy machine. (OK, actually I made my hubby take the book to his office to do it--heh, heh). It's Steve from the (what else?) Denyse Schmidt Quilts book. I made him from a old cushion cover, so he's nice and hefty. Recognize the fabric on his tum and ears? I've gotten a lot of mileage out of that Crate and Barrel napkin. Alas, that is the end of it.

And look at this fun bag I received from my friend Kendra for my birthday. It's the vinyl tote bag from the same book. She made one for herself a few months ago--you can see it here. Anyway, I was really touched to receive it, considering that she and her family are just getting settled into their new house and are busy with all that that entails. And also, she's just getting over her bout of morning sickness, so who's in the mood to craft when you're going through that???? Thanks Kendra! I LOVE IT!!!

In the next few days I'll try to get a tutorial up of the tissue holders.


lindiepindie said...

Hey there Fashionista Steve. You're looking good with your button eyes and all.

How nice of Kendra to make you a bag! She did a good job.

beki said...

Aww, your Steve is so cute! I haven't gone for the mismatched eye look yet - I think I'm too much into symetry for that (yep, I'm boring).

What a nice gift you received.

Sarah said...

Great kitty! I need to try a softie one of these days. And that vinyl bag is awesome!

Green Kitchen said...

Hi. Just dropped in by following a comment you left on my blog. Love your Steve and the bag your friend made. I made a couple unsuccessful attempts at vinyl bags, but this renews my interest. Your links list was so new and interesting looking I went through all of them and will be adding to my bloglines. Thanks.

megan said...

Steve is so cute-- love the material for his inner ears! Great gift from your friend btw!

Mirre said...

Hello there!

Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog :)
Could you please send me an e-mail with your address so that I can send the mini-quilt to you... thanks!

(I don't seem to be able to find your e-mailaddress...)