Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Quilting, quilting....

I haven't posted much about this lately, but really, I've been quilting like a madwoman here. I have a quilteasy machine which is this humongo contraption that takes up my entire dining room table. It makes the actual quilting process fun because I can do my stippling (or stitch in the ditch, or whatever) without having to move a big heavy quilt around, BUT it is an ordeal to set up and take down, which is why I never feel like it's worth it to set it up just to do one quilt. I'm trying to get three quilt tops (and backs--which are also a bit of work because I adore pieced backs) ready to go before I set it up.

I've finished the top and back for one quilt already--the pink bicycle quilt that I posted about here. I'm also working on this monkey/banana quilt for a baby boy (mine, or my nephew...we'll see how it turns out first--wink, wink):




and this:

which is a jojo knock-off of this Denyse Schmidt quilt from the last issue of Country Living magazine:

You should see the state of my sewing room. Tons of projects going on at once. Mass confusion. Huge mess. But I love it that way.

6 comments:

beki said...

Good for you! I'm gonna start calling you the quilting diva.

rebecca said...

I dream of some day having a quilting machine. I have that same issue of Country Living and love that quilt!!

Blair said...

Your quilt is a wonderful knockoff of the D.S. original in the magazine, I just love it. I recently stumbled upon your blog and believe we're practically neighbors.

Stacey said...

I love the monkeys and bananas - you go girl!

kimberly said...

I love a fabric mess too!! Oh heck any kind of fiber mess is ok with me. ;)

Sarah said...

Great quilting! I love Denyse Schmidt's quilts.