Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Man of the House


Here's my Davey--all 4-1/2 years of him. My hubby left on a business trip and gave Davey the lecture about being the man of the house when he's gone. He's taking this very seriously. He's making sure to take care of mommy and the baby in her belly. When I brought him home from preschool yesterday, he took off his shoes, put them in the shoe closet, hung his tote bag on the peg, and then took out his lunch box and put it on the kitchen counter (all without being asked!) Then he climbed up on his step stool, got a glass, and proceeded to fill it up with ice water from the dispenser for me because he knows the baby needs lots of water. Then he insisted on making me toast for lunch. All he knows how to make is toast, and I ate both pieces even though I wasn't really in the mood. He is being a total sweetie. I just hope I don't have to eat toast for lunch every day his dad is gone :).

I made the hat for him before Christmas. He's very into racing cars, and went crazy over the checkered flag fleece.

7 comments:

beki said...

How sweet! My 4 yr old likes to 'take care' of me too, but only when she feels like it.

Blair said...

That's a sweet kid, really. Lucky mom,

megan said...

Oh, my! That is SO sweet, a good story to tell the baby! (And how nice of you to eat the toast!)

kimberly said...

What an absolute sweetie!! He sounds very much like Alexander. Hmm Could we be sisters? Ok, ok I'm just thinking it would be cool. :)) I love that hat!!

Stacey said...

Your Davey is so-o-o sweet! What a treasure. I had to laugh at the perspective of you eating toast for lunch everyday! It's like when my youngest daughter was learning to fold the clothes and towels. I had to put them away just as she folded them because she was doing such a good job helping mommy. It was so messy but so adorable.

Rosa said...

That is ADORABLE! I tell my Marina that she is the Momma while I am off studying. The days I tell her that, she has been very good with Nana and Max. Baby-in-the-belly has a great big brother. I love the hat too!

Meegan Blue said...

So sweet. Even though Jack is my dutiful oldest, Max is the one who always takes care of me and makes sure I'm ok. An especially excellent characteristic in a boy. Your Davey is adorable!