Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Getting Back in the Game

Wow. Can't believe it's been 2 weeks since my last post. It was pretty crazy around here with my hubby off on his business trip. He's back, thank goodness, but it was hard being a pregnant single mom of two. Thankfully my mom came to visit me from California to keep me sane. We did get some little crafts done. Not as much in the good old days when we used to craft for hours in the afternoons when baby Davey was asleep. Davey's napping days are long behind us, and now for some reason, mom and I have different energy schedules. I usually get my crafting done at night after the boys are in bed--that's when I feel like I have freedom; whereas my mom gets her second wind in the afternoon and is all tuckered out by the end of the day. Oh well... it was great having her here, and I've been having pangs of sadness now that she is on her way back home. :(


I need to get my act together and start taking some pictures of things I've made recently. Unfortunately it is so overcast here it almost looks like evening. I'll wait until the light is better. In the meantime, here is a pic of the shoes I bought a few weeks ago to bring me cheer during these dark dismal days. I absolutely love Keens. They make my feet happy. I developed heel spurs from walking around barefoot on our wood floors, so I wear these all day long--esp. in the house. Hmmm...what a lovely bit of trivia.


Now that life is getting back to normal, I'm looking forward to catching up with all my bloggie friends. Sorry for the lack of commenting lately. Can't wait to see what everyone has been up to!

8 comments:

Rosa said...

I LOVE those shoes. I wore only red slip on sneakers from Land's End when I was pregnant with dd. I hope your hubby comes home soon. Good to know Mom is helping you.

autum said...

You were missed but spending time with your Mom is way more important than blogging! Cute shoes!

rebecca said...

great shoes!!! your tempting me into making a little trip to the mall tomorrow . . . .

kimberly said...

Hey, I'm so glad you had a good time with your mom. I know when my parents come to visit, I bawl when they go. I bet if I had pregnant hormones running through my veins I'd be throwing a tantrum. ;) Don't worry about not being around, real life is so much more important. (I am glad you're back though) :)
Those shoes are adorable. They would make me smile too.

megan said...

Great that you had some help & got some crafting in. I look forward to seeing all your efforts! Here's to SUNNY DAYS ahead!

beki said...

Uhoh, going barefoot can be bad? I'm not a shoe wearing person, unless I have to.

I'm glad you're back!

Meegan Blue said...

Keens rock my world. Between myself, Eric and the boys we own over 10 pairs!!! I can't wait to get some for Zoe...Glad you're back in action. You were definitely missed, but good that you had some good quality down time.

justcinful said...

What kind of shoes are those? My friend has the same problem and needs more "work like" shoes. She's been wearing sandals or sneakers. Thanks!

PS: Please leave a comment on my blog about them. Thank you!