Monday, January 09, 2006

Veins and such

Yippee!!! I received my order in the mail today from reprodepot. My brother and sister-in-law are due in April with their first baby--a girl. We are so excited for them! Of all our relatives, they live the closest to us, so we are geeked about having them within driving distance and are sooo looking forward to getting to know the little cutie who is to come. I wanted to make them a baby quilt, so I let my sis-in-law pick out the fabric. Cute combination, I think. On my computer, the pink backgrounds look the same, even though the description of the striped fabric says lavender. Now that I have the fabrics in front of me, they don't really even match. So here I thought I'd be able to do a simple quilt with only two fabrics, but it looks like I'll be running off to the store to find something that will tie it all together. Bah!

Not a whole lot of crafting has been going on the past few days. I've been struggling with painful veins in my leg that I never had to deal with when I was pregnant with my boys. I showed them to my ob-gyn thinking he would say, "oh yeah, that's a very normal thing in pregnancy," which he did. But he prefaced that comment with, "Wow! Those are some pretty big veins!" Not exactly what I wanted to hear. So, until I can find some relief, I have stopped working out at the gym and am trying to take it easy as much as possible. I have an appointment to get measured for some support stockings, and frankly, I can't wait!!! Not a very glamorous thing to have to wear, but at this point, I'll do whatever it takes to feel "normal" again.

5 comments:

kimberly said...

I had veins in my second pregnancy as well. Unfortunately for me, they weren't in my legs and only wearing boxer shorts was relief, sort of. Don't worry-after the pregnancy those monsters should go away and I know they will. Mine are absolutely gone now.
Those are adorable fabrics!

beki said...

Those fabrics are really cute, I can't wait to see the finished product.

I'm sorry to hear about the veins. I hope the support stockings give you some relief.

Carol said...

The pink bicycle fabric is super cute! Thanks for the nice comment about the food pics...hope you are feeling better soon!

rebecca said...

I have both of those fabrics in my stash -- so cute. I hope you find relief for the veins in your legs soon. I had a close friend that suffered terribly with those with her second pregnancy. The support hose made a world of difference for her.

Meegan Blue said...

ooooooh....ouch. I too had terrible veins the third time around, and like Kimberly they were NOT in my legs. So sorry, honey. They will go away, but in the mean time it can be tough going. I'm sure the support hose will help immensely.

Love the fabrics! How lucky your brother and sister-in law are!