Friday, January 20, 2006

It's a BOY!!!!

No, I'm not talking about our little one--we won't find out for another week. The niece that I am making a quilt for...turns out she's actually a NEPHEW. Everyone in our family is flipping out. My sister in law had an ultrasound today and said to the tech, "can you just double check and make sure she's really a girl?" Tech: "she's really a WHAT?" As you can imagine, SIL (at 28 weeks along) just about fell off the examining table.

I'm going to keep plugging away at the quilt. I have two other preggo friends and then there's me. Surely one of us will produce a girl child.

p.s. I'm changing gears now and want to make them a quilt using that sock monkey fabric from munki munki. Reprodepot doesn't carry it anymore. Does anyone know where I might find some? Never mind! It's made by moda and I found some. Yay!

8 comments:

kimberly said...

I knew there was a reason I asked at every single doctor visit if Alida was still a girl. This could be one exciting birth. Are you sure there aren't two in there?
Maybe you'll get to keep the quilt!! :)

autum said...

That quilt is going to make some little girl very happy, maybe it will be yours after all!

candyfortheteacher said...

it does happen.

rebecca said...

Oh my!! At least she found out now -- my cousin and his wife recently brought home their new baby boy to very pink nursery. Can't wait to hear what you find out next week at your ultrasound! (Not that you'll have much faith in what they say now!).

Meegan Blue said...

Yikes!! When Rebecca, of three peas, was pregnant with Peri she knew she was having a girl from the ultrasound. But still, every time she was asked she would say, "they tell me it's a girl..." I'm glad I didn't know with Zoe. I would have doubted it too.

beki said...

I hope you get to use that very pink quilt!

We're not planning on finding out, so it will be a surprise on delivery day.

Stich-n-knit said...

Oh No, what a surprise!
Hang on to that quilt, you never know you might need it!

Stacey said...

Thanks for the nice comment about the curious george quilt. Yes, we love retro! I'm sure someone will be lucky to have a girl and receive that wonderful quilt! Can't wait to hear what you're having. I wanted to know when I was pregnant too. The first time they told me they were 99% sure it would be a girl. The second time they said 50-50. I was pretty sure I was having a boy. When SHE was born I asked, "What is it?" My husband said, "A girl!" I said, "Are you sure?" ha! ha! Then I asked, "Is she okay?" We actually were thrilled it was a girl!