Sunday, January 22, 2006

Corners of My Home (3)

We are big fans of Mackinac Island, MI...we got married there 12.5 years ago. If you haven't heard of it, let me tell you, it is the most beautiful, romantic spot on the planet. If you are into Victorian architecture, horse drawn carriages, gorgeous gardening, a sense of US history, nature trails, and life on the Great Lakes, this is THE place for you!

My house is anything but Victorian. My decorating style tends toward, um, well, it would be sort of minimalist, except that we have so much cr*p. So, my downstairs powder room is the one spot in the house that is a little on the frilly side. It is in the theme of Mackinac Island. Those hydrangeas are from my garden, along with a set of vintage Mack. Island postcards and some depression era hand hammered aluminum next to it.

See other Corner of MyHome pix here.

2 comments:

Stich-n-knit said...

Hey, I've just looked it up on the web. One of my favorite films 'Somewhere in Time' was shot there, but I'm sure you know that already!
It looks lovely there, no wonder it's a favorite of yours!

Meegan Blue said...

It sounds beautiful! Ever since reading "Anne of Green Gables" oh so long ago, I've been obsessed with Prince Edward Island off of the East Coast of Canada. This sounds just like it but right here in our own (kind of) backyard! How cool that you got married there. Love the hydrengas too. They're my favorites.