Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Pincushions


I've been inspired lately by all the cute pincushions I've been seeing all over, especially the ones at Bella Dia and yvestown. So I decided to give it a go! These are made from felt and stuffed with batting and a little rice to weigh them down. I've been really into embroidery lately. I'm just a beginner, and you can tell, but that suits me fine. When it comes to embroidery I'm all about rustic imperfection anyway. These will be going to crafty girlfriends for Christmas. I have a couple more to make and I'll be all set. Also, of course, I'll need one for myself.

And, since I'm on such a big felt kick right now, I've been really having fun exploring and swooning over the fabulous stockings and felt cushions at Hable Construction. They are brilliant over there. I just might have to make knock-offs of their stuff too.

6 comments:

kimberly said...

It's good to have you back! Those pin cushions are great! I just started with felt and embroidery myself and I know how addicting it can be! I did the same thing with my felt needle cases-I made 6 for friends and family and one for myself. I'm also one for, as you called it, rustic imperfection.

Carol said...

Pretty pincushions! Thanks for commenting on my blog...the wine charms are super easy to make and fun to give as gifts.

Linda said...

Thanks for dropping by.The pincushions are great.Congratulations on your news.

lindiepindie said...

Nice blog, jojo. It looks great!

Meegan Blue said...

Felt is the greatest! I love your pincushions. Very, very cute!

beki said...

Those are great! I may have to give it a try. I'm with you on the 'rustic' nature of embroidery. That's how I like it best.