Saturday, December 31, 2005

Oliebollen


We had some friends over for Oliebollen--Dutch New Years donut thinggies--this morning. I guess we're allowed, since my hubby's mom is originally from the Netherlands. That makes our kids 1/4 Dutch. Oma, Dave's mom, used to call our little Davey her "little dutch boy". That was back when he was a baby, and when his hair was a lot lighter than the dark brown it is now. (We didn't think it the light hair was going to stay, since he's also 1/4 Chinese!!--hee hee.)

Anyway, the recipe Dave used is from the cookbook Eet Smakelijk , which Oma gave us soon after we were married. He made 3 different kinds: raisins, cranberries, and chocolate chip. Here's Keith going at a chocolate chip one. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

beki said...

Yum! The look delicious. Happy New Year to you ;)

kimberly said...

What a cutie. Save me some of those, I'm on my way over!! :9

Meegan Blue said...

Wow! They look great! I can't imagine that they're very easy to make, though. An impressive feat!