Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Cottage Dreaming

Saturday was a fun day. We went to Anderson Island, WA where we recently bought a piece of property. We hope someday to build a cottage designed by this guy. We discovered him when going on a tour of a new subdivision nearby--he'd designed all the houses. Get this, the model home was decked out in furnishings from maine cottage, right down to the quilts on the bed! Hello! Could the place be any sweeter? And if you do go happen to check out his website, take a look at the plans for the backyard cottage--350 square feet of cute, inspiring, cluttered space to be creative. Dreamy. And the loft--yeah, send your houseguests over there at night. So the island was rainy and muddy, but we had a great time trudging around in the woods with the boys. And we spent some time throwing rocks on the beach. I'm looking forward to when we actually have our own little place on the island where we can stay and not have to make the trip there and back on the same day.At any rate, we were in such a hurry to get out of the house to catch the ferry on Sat. morning that I'm afraid my posting was a little sparse. The little embroidered carrot is from Sublime Stitching. I'd seen her stuff advertised on craftster and thought it was cute, but then later when I saw Amanda's use of the veggies in her adorable baby quilt and as pockets on homemade pants for her boys, I knew I had to have them. I just love reading crafty blogs because I get so many ideas of what things are possible. I used to always walk through stores (i.e. Land of Nod, Pottery Barn Kids, etc.) see their quilts and talk myself out of buying anything because I figured, "yeah, I could make that!" Of course, I never did. But then to see other stay-at-home moms out there juggling cooking, cleaning, taking care of kids, and then being able to actually make all these fabulous, amazing's truly inspiring to me. Thank goodness for the internet and the ability to hook up with other like-minded people with similar interests from all over. Keeps me from feeling like a cooped-up isolated mama.Enough blabbing--here's my latest embroidered fruity guy. Still not sure what I'm going to do with them. Maybe patches for a table cloth or table runner? Patches on the kitchen curtain in our future cottage?????

No comments: