Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Clutter

Sorry for my lack of blogging lately. I guess I haven’t been that inspired. Mainly because I have SO much clutter in my house, I just don’t see the importance of making something that would contribute to the problem. Isn’t that pleasant? Sometimes I would just like to throw it all out…everything…every matchbox car, every piece of furniture, every scrap of fabric, all the items in my pantry and freezer and start all over. Alas, that would be wasteful, and impractical, and who has time anyway? Malaise. I have malaise. (More like me-lazy) My hubby was out of town for a couple of days, so it was just me and the boys. I felt like I was doing everything. Cleaning during the day, cleaning more after they went to bed. Argh. And on those days when I go the gym, forget it. I know exercise is supposed to energize you, but I'm TIRED! I need a vacation. Who has time for crafting?I was looking through my book Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

Do you see that way cute pouch on the cover? I decided to make a knock off of that. Because of my malaise, I can’t be bothered to spend hours knitting and knitting. So I took a shortcut. I was at World Market and I came across this.

It’s a crocheted placemat made from raffia maybe? Some kind of natural fiber, anyway. I sewed the sides up with yarn, strung the yarn through the top at equal intervals, and then lined it with an old napkin. And voila, a basket to hold clutter in my bathroom. Clutter to display clutter. Nice, huh?


No comments: